Because freezer meals are just absolutely genius.
Whether you’re a new mom, a fresh-out-of-high-school college student, or a millennial working 40-60 hour weeks, these will quickly become your lifeline.
Just prep during the weekends – and I promise, it won’t take long – so you can take these packs right out of the freezer and straight to the skillet.
Now this is my all-time favorite stir fry sauce.
Plus, the shrimp will marinate as it freezes.
So basically, we all win here. And we’re saving time.
Here’s an added bonus.
You can serve this over a bowl of brown rice, and take the leftovers to work the very next day.
SHRIMP STIR FRY FREEZER PACK
Freezer-to-skillet stir fry! With bell peppers, sugar snap peas, carrots and broccoli. Quick and speedy in just 10 min!!!
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 16 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, cornstarch and Sriracha, if using. Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine shrimp mixture, bell pepper, snap peas, carrots and broccoli. Place in freezer for up to 1 month.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp mixture, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and green onion, if desired.
*16 ounces broccoli florets is equal to about 3 cups.